SmartA$$
Imagine you are working on a construction site and you have the privilege of hitting the button to detonate an explosive charge to implode an old building. You're about to press the button when someone points out that one of the workers who was inside the building has not checked in at the safety zone. You are 99.9% certain he is either in the porta potty or maybe he just went home because his part of the job was done. There's a 0.1% chance he's still inside the building. Would you push the button anyway, or would you wait until he's accounted for?
If you're answer is that you would wait until he's accounted for then how can you support abortion even if you're 99.9% certain the fetus is not a human being. If you're not willing to take a 0.1% chance of killing a human being, then you can't support abortion. Wouldn't you rather error on the safe side and let the baby live just like you would error on the safe side and wait to implode the building?
If you say you are 100% certain the fetus is not a human being, then how can you be so sure? Have you ever been wrong about anything before in your life? What if you're wrong about this?
Angry Candy: By your logic, there's nothing wrong with murder, because its not an accident?
Neither the implosion nor the abortion in my analogy is done by accident. Both are intentional acts knowing there's a small chance the act will result in the death of a human being.
Next time think before you answer.
Answer
I'm trying to figure out what your comparison here is, but I can't quite get it.
How in the world does this relate to abortion?
All I'd have to do is wait a few minutes until the guy was accounted for.
All I'd have to say is "Hey guys, where's Mike?" Maybe wait for someone to run through the building one last time to make sure he isn't in there. I might get bored waiting, might even loose a few bucks off of my paycheck.
Unlike pregnancy,
I'd have to wait nine months through morning sickness that could put me in the hospital for dehydration.
I'd have to have doctor visits, which are expensive even with insurance.
I'd have to go off of important medication.
I'd have to change my diet.
If I was a smoker, or alcoholic, or into drugs I'd have to go cold turkey.
Then there are all the complications that many people in both of my families have had.
Then there's psychological damage it could do.
There's physical damage it could do, look into vaginal tearing and epileptic pregnancies.
Both of which could last for the rest of my life.
It could kill me.
In the U.S jobs aren't forced to provide maternity leave, I could loose my job.
I could loose my house and my car.
The pregnancy itself could prevent me from caring for my dogs, or my family, or my children if I had any.
Then, even if everything goes well, there's a huge hospital bill and new child to care for. Even for a safe "normal" pregnancy, it starts at $7,500. C-sections at $14,000. My family has a history of c-sections, and difficult pregnancies. The insurance I'm on now would only pay for $4,000. Between me and my boyfriend who I hypothetically got pregnant with, we're still struggling to buy food once we're done with bills. There's no way we could afford pregnancy and a child.
Also, I have health issues out the kazoo and he's mixed race. So adoption really isn't an option for us, our baby would be stuck in foster care if we could even find an agency willing to take the kid.
The person who is pregnant is a legally defined person, who owns their own body. Including their own blood and uterus.
It is up to them whether anyone can use their body.
In the end, it doesn't matter what the fetus is. Doesn't matter if it's human, or a person.
Because don't force people to give up parts of their body never mind their entire body to keep others alive.
Red Cross can't force you to give up blood.
We can't even take organs from the dead unless they consented to being harvested.
I'm trying to figure out what your comparison here is, but I can't quite get it.
How in the world does this relate to abortion?
All I'd have to do is wait a few minutes until the guy was accounted for.
All I'd have to say is "Hey guys, where's Mike?" Maybe wait for someone to run through the building one last time to make sure he isn't in there. I might get bored waiting, might even loose a few bucks off of my paycheck.
Unlike pregnancy,
I'd have to wait nine months through morning sickness that could put me in the hospital for dehydration.
I'd have to have doctor visits, which are expensive even with insurance.
I'd have to go off of important medication.
I'd have to change my diet.
If I was a smoker, or alcoholic, or into drugs I'd have to go cold turkey.
Then there are all the complications that many people in both of my families have had.
Then there's psychological damage it could do.
There's physical damage it could do, look into vaginal tearing and epileptic pregnancies.
Both of which could last for the rest of my life.
It could kill me.
In the U.S jobs aren't forced to provide maternity leave, I could loose my job.
I could loose my house and my car.
The pregnancy itself could prevent me from caring for my dogs, or my family, or my children if I had any.
Then, even if everything goes well, there's a huge hospital bill and new child to care for. Even for a safe "normal" pregnancy, it starts at $7,500. C-sections at $14,000. My family has a history of c-sections, and difficult pregnancies. The insurance I'm on now would only pay for $4,000. Between me and my boyfriend who I hypothetically got pregnant with, we're still struggling to buy food once we're done with bills. There's no way we could afford pregnancy and a child.
Also, I have health issues out the kazoo and he's mixed race. So adoption really isn't an option for us, our baby would be stuck in foster care if we could even find an agency willing to take the kid.
The person who is pregnant is a legally defined person, who owns their own body. Including their own blood and uterus.
It is up to them whether anyone can use their body.
In the end, it doesn't matter what the fetus is. Doesn't matter if it's human, or a person.
Because don't force people to give up parts of their body never mind their entire body to keep others alive.
Red Cross can't force you to give up blood.
We can't even take organs from the dead unless they consented to being harvested.
How hard is it to go from 1 kid to 2?
Mom to 2 b
I always hear going from 0-1 is hardest but to me that wasn't hard at all. But adding a second one seems really scary. I'm so accustomed to my son's schedule and can plan anything by his clockwork. He will be 28 months old when the new baby comes. He just gets so jealous if I hold another baby or don't give him 100% of my attention. Tell me about when you brought home your second baby (or third or more).
Answer
for me the hardest was from going one to two. My oldest was 2 y and 9 mos when my middle one was born. He was pretty independent ( but not yet potty trained etc) and he gave up his nap the week we brought the baby home so that was a drag.
It was january, in chicago so it was freezing and we were pretty cooped up in the house so he was getting bored etc. When we did have to go out it took forever and by the end we were all crying. It did get better fast, within like two or three mos but it was a rough start
Now taking care of the new baby was much much easier because I knew what Iw as doing and I wasnt so nervous about everything and anything, that was more easier, it was just the adjusting part to a new baby again that was pretty hard, but like I said, within like 2 or 3 mos it was much better and started becoming easier. ( and we also moved out of state when he was 2 mos old so once we got settled in our new house it kinda all fell into its right place)
When I had my third ( my middle one was 19 mos) it was a breeze. i was confident on myself as a parent, it was summer so we could go out in a t-shirt so it didnt take 45 minutes to get everyone dressed, undressed to change a diaper, re-dressed, fed, undressed to change the burbed on clothes and redressed again..sigh...
it really was one more child to lug around lolol
One point of advice though. When the baby does come, make sure you let your first one know all the things he can do that the baby cant. It really makes them feel special when you tell them that the baby takes 10 naps a day and they only take one, or the baby can only drink milk and they can have a popsicle etc.. and if he doesnt care about the baby, dont force it. Once the baby does more than sleep and eat he will see that it can be fun to have another child in the house and they will start getting along.
Also when you feed the baby, have him sit next to you and read a book to him etc or watch tv with him or even have him hold the bottle (with supervision) if you bottle feed. just include them. they get over their jealousy when they see you still have time for them
for me the hardest was from going one to two. My oldest was 2 y and 9 mos when my middle one was born. He was pretty independent ( but not yet potty trained etc) and he gave up his nap the week we brought the baby home so that was a drag.
It was january, in chicago so it was freezing and we were pretty cooped up in the house so he was getting bored etc. When we did have to go out it took forever and by the end we were all crying. It did get better fast, within like two or three mos but it was a rough start
Now taking care of the new baby was much much easier because I knew what Iw as doing and I wasnt so nervous about everything and anything, that was more easier, it was just the adjusting part to a new baby again that was pretty hard, but like I said, within like 2 or 3 mos it was much better and started becoming easier. ( and we also moved out of state when he was 2 mos old so once we got settled in our new house it kinda all fell into its right place)
When I had my third ( my middle one was 19 mos) it was a breeze. i was confident on myself as a parent, it was summer so we could go out in a t-shirt so it didnt take 45 minutes to get everyone dressed, undressed to change a diaper, re-dressed, fed, undressed to change the burbed on clothes and redressed again..sigh...
it really was one more child to lug around lolol
One point of advice though. When the baby does come, make sure you let your first one know all the things he can do that the baby cant. It really makes them feel special when you tell them that the baby takes 10 naps a day and they only take one, or the baby can only drink milk and they can have a popsicle etc.. and if he doesnt care about the baby, dont force it. Once the baby does more than sleep and eat he will see that it can be fun to have another child in the house and they will start getting along.
Also when you feed the baby, have him sit next to you and read a book to him etc or watch tv with him or even have him hold the bottle (with supervision) if you bottle feed. just include them. they get over their jealousy when they see you still have time for them
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar