Q. howdy just wanted to know is it really difficult and time consuming to use a breast pump 2nd time mum ist time breast feeding also which is the best electric or manual pump did not even know you could get electric pump would be grateful for any answers
Answer
I would say electric pump. I have been lucky and my husband's aunt has lent me her hospital grade electric pump. Only down side is that you do have to electricity to run it. It just seems smoother pumping and easier since I have hands free wrap to hold cups up/on. You should be able to rent a pump to try out before investing in a pump. You can find more information out through your local lactation consultant. Breast feeding is time consuming, I will not lie. I do have to take two extra breaks at work to pump. I don't want to say it was difficult but I was lucky. My son latched on correctly and got the hang of breastfeeding quite easy. You will be sore for first week or so but I think the benefits out way the negatives. I didn't start pumping until my son was 6 weeks old to establish my milk supply.
I would say electric pump. I have been lucky and my husband's aunt has lent me her hospital grade electric pump. Only down side is that you do have to electricity to run it. It just seems smoother pumping and easier since I have hands free wrap to hold cups up/on. You should be able to rent a pump to try out before investing in a pump. You can find more information out through your local lactation consultant. Breast feeding is time consuming, I will not lie. I do have to take two extra breaks at work to pump. I don't want to say it was difficult but I was lucky. My son latched on correctly and got the hang of breastfeeding quite easy. You will be sore for first week or so but I think the benefits out way the negatives. I didn't start pumping until my son was 6 weeks old to establish my milk supply.
What would you recommend - manual or electric breast pump?
entirelyof
I'm giving birth next week and I have a hard time choosing between a manual or electric breast pump. Can you please give me some advice?
Answer
Depends on why you need it.
If you'll be returning to work, you need a top quality double electric pump.
If you won't be returning to work you don't really need a pump at all. (In the rare situation that you end up needing to pump early, (i.e. baby is in the NICU and can't nurse), you'd want to rent a hospital grade pump for the short-term.
If you choose to pump the occassional bottle (after 6 weeks) so that you can be away from your baby or hubby can give a feeding from time to time, you may be able to hand express, or if that doesn't work for you, you could decide then if you want to invest in a costly pump for that occassional use, or if a slower, but less costly manual one will do for you.
(I never owned a pump at all.)
Depends on why you need it.
If you'll be returning to work, you need a top quality double electric pump.
If you won't be returning to work you don't really need a pump at all. (In the rare situation that you end up needing to pump early, (i.e. baby is in the NICU and can't nurse), you'd want to rent a hospital grade pump for the short-term.
If you choose to pump the occassional bottle (after 6 weeks) so that you can be away from your baby or hubby can give a feeding from time to time, you may be able to hand express, or if that doesn't work for you, you could decide then if you want to invest in a costly pump for that occassional use, or if a slower, but less costly manual one will do for you.
(I never owned a pump at all.)
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar