how to schedule breast feeding & pumping?




C.A.S.


Hello Moms - I have been solely breast feeding my 2mo son and will have to return to work at 4mo. I would like my son to get used to taking a bottle of breast milk so when he goes to day-care he will have an easier transition. I would also like to pump and store so I have a supply for when I feel comfortable having a few date-nights with my hubby. Someone will have to feed him and I'd rather it be pumped breast milk.
How do I schedule pumping so that my son will have enough milk for his bottle and enough for the next breast feeding session? Do I have to pump after EVERY feeding or can I do just some of them? I"m a new mom and am rather baffled by this. Thanks in advance. :)



Answer
Your supply will increase if you pump after or between feedings, so you shouldn't have to worry about him having enough for the next nursing session. Your milk is produced on a supply/demand basis. The more you demand, the more your body will supply.

One great way to build up a milk stash is to pump one breast while you nurse him on the other. This can take some practice, and you might need some help from a second person to make it work at first. If you have a hands-free pumping bra, like this one http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Expression-Bu⦠you can try using just one side of an electric pump on your free breast while you nurse the baby on the other. You can also use a single manual squeeze pump, like the Medela Harmony http://www.amazon.com/Medela-Harmony-Man⦠but this will require one free hand to squeeze the pump. With a lot of practice, though, you might be able to get the hang of it.

If you can't get the hang of pumping while nursing, you can pump after you nurse, or you can do both. Pumping after nursing even just a few times a day for a 10 minutes or so will help you build up a good stash over the next couple months. You don't have to pump after every single feeding if you don't have time. Just do what you can, but generally, the more you pump, the more you'll have.

Here's some good links on pumping: http://kellymom.com/bf/pumping/index.htm⦠and here: http://www.breastfeeding.com/forums/show⦠There's a lot of tips there on building up a milk stash, keeping up your supply, and pumping at work.

Personally, I found that eating steel cut Irish oatmeal really helped my pumping output. I would eat a bowl before bed, and when I pumped in the morning, I would get a good 2-3 ounces more than I used to. Regular Quaker rolled oats never worked like that for me. You might consider eating some steel cut oatmeal a few times a day. Also, remember that the early morning is usually the best time for most women to pump. Your prolactin levels are peaking then, so you'll usually get more milk in the morning than in the evening.

There are also herbal options for increasing pumping output, if need be: fenugreek, blessed thistle, Mother's Milk tea, tinctures, like More Milk Plus: http://www.motherlove.com/product_more_m⦠or the Nursing Mother's Blend from Kerry's Herbals: http://www.kerrysherbals.com/nursing.sht⦠(scroll down to find it). Many of these contain the same ingredients, so make sure you check the contents before using more than one.

Where can I buy the best and cheapest replacement parts for Avent Isis Duo Electric Breast Pump?

Q. I just got a gently used Avent from craigslist. There are a few parts that were missing which I didn't know about until I got home. It was missing the let-down massage cushions which was a huge bonus in getting this breast pump. Also the silicone diaphragm for the electric part. It has a diaphragm for the manual setting if I choose to use it. I'm not sure if that diaphragm would work when I'm using the machine electronically. Also since it has been use do you know if I should replace the tubing or can it be cleaned to use it. I looked on Baby R Us and they have shells which I don't know if they are the same as the let-down cushions. Please help!! Thank you :)


Answer
This is a forum for auto repair and maintanence, try another forum that can help you. But anyway here is a link for your unit and maybe you can locate the part or call them from this site:

http://www.aventisisuno.com/


http://www.aventisisuno.com/contact-us


good luck..........




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar