Aidan's Mo
It's been about 11 weeks since I've had my son, I gained a hefty amount of weight and I'm now 30 pounds heavier and 8 sizes bigger than I used to be. I don't expect to go back to my pre-pregnancy size 0, but at least to a 2 or so!
I am a soda and fast food fanatic, so I know I'll have to cut those out of my diet. Oh, I also do not breastfeed, it just didn't work out for us, so that has also stopped me from losing the weight as fast as I heard. I could go on walks every day but it's getting a little chilly here and I know I could bundle my son up, but I'd rather not take him for a walk and I'd rather not go by myself. I'm picky. I haven't begun any sort of exercise other than just walking, no crunches, no running, nothing, really. I would like to go to the gym every once and a while, but I don't want my son to be in any sort of day care until he's past the age of his highest SIDS risk...
Anything easy, free (in exception of food to diet with) or anything, really, would help!
Answer
Dear Aidan's Mummy
first of all congratulations on your bouncy baby boy and I'm so sorry for both of you that breastfeeding did not work out, all the health benefits to baby and yourself aside, it could have allowed you to eat an extra 500 calories a day, or lose the equivalent (about a pound a week) without any other changes to your diet.
It sounds to me as though you are already aware of the changes you do need to make to your diet. Soda is full of empty calories, so an interim step would be to switch to diet versions, but these too are something that will eventually have to go. Pure water, or if you like the fizz, sparkling water, maybe with a twist of lemon. You could also try putting a herbal tea bag in a large bottle of cold plain water; this will gradually release flavour and make the water more palatable.
As for fast food, I suggest you read the book Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser or watch Super Size Me and you may reconsider. Please think about the example you are giving your son. If he sees you eating junk food and drinks that is what he will learn to eat too, especially if you add the temptation factor of the cute toys in the "Kiddie Meals" at these places. But is this the kind of food you think will help him to grow strong and healthy? America is first in the world in obesity rates. Now your son is still drinking only milk, but when you wean him, what is he going to eat? It is so easy to make your own baby food, and much cheaper than buying jars of commercial stuff. First cereal should be rice, don't use the instant baby cereals which contains loads of sugar, just boil up old-fashioned rice flour with formula. Fresh fruit such as bananas can simply be mashed. Steam vegetables, when a bit older make soups with veg and meat, don't add salt for the first year at least, puree and freeze in ice cube trays so you can easily remove one or two cubes to thaw and warm.
Cooking your own meals from scratch is also really not that difficult, especially since you are a stay-at-home Mum (well done!). A steaming basket inside your regular saucepans and a non-stick frying pan (not Teflon) are probably all the equipment you need. Fill up on raw salads and lightly steamed vegetables, no oily dressings please. Veg should fill two-thirds of your plate. Grilled fish/chicken/meat, portion the size of your palm for one or two meals a day. One of the two protein meals can be legumes (beans, lentils, chickpeas/garbanzos etc) and it is good to eat these daily if high cholesterol is a problem. Two pieces of fruit and two portions of low-fat dairy daily. Limit consumption of starches to one meal a day (but do not exclude them altogether), portion size one third of your plate, and choose only low-GI ones such as whole grains, brown rice, wholemeal pasta, cereals, bread. It's very simple. If you want to follow a more precise plan I recommend the Greek Doctor Diet by Dr Fedon Lindbergh, or the GI Hip and Thigh Diet by Rosemary Conley. I've lost nine kilos since July by following this.
You are right to realise you also need to exercise. As somebody suggested, get a video/dvd. A stepper may be a good way to get an aerobic workout in a small space, or if you can afford it, a stationary bicycle that you can use while watching TV.
It's a slow journey and there will probably be some backsliding, but don't use that as an excuse to give up, just return to the plan the following meal and slowly but surely the weight will drop off. Put up graphs and charts, give yourself a sticker for every pound or kilo lost, promise yourself a non-food treat for goals along the way for every ten pounds/five kilos, maybe a new book, a facial or manicure, a luxurious bubble bath.
Good luck!
Dear Aidan's Mummy
first of all congratulations on your bouncy baby boy and I'm so sorry for both of you that breastfeeding did not work out, all the health benefits to baby and yourself aside, it could have allowed you to eat an extra 500 calories a day, or lose the equivalent (about a pound a week) without any other changes to your diet.
It sounds to me as though you are already aware of the changes you do need to make to your diet. Soda is full of empty calories, so an interim step would be to switch to diet versions, but these too are something that will eventually have to go. Pure water, or if you like the fizz, sparkling water, maybe with a twist of lemon. You could also try putting a herbal tea bag in a large bottle of cold plain water; this will gradually release flavour and make the water more palatable.
As for fast food, I suggest you read the book Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser or watch Super Size Me and you may reconsider. Please think about the example you are giving your son. If he sees you eating junk food and drinks that is what he will learn to eat too, especially if you add the temptation factor of the cute toys in the "Kiddie Meals" at these places. But is this the kind of food you think will help him to grow strong and healthy? America is first in the world in obesity rates. Now your son is still drinking only milk, but when you wean him, what is he going to eat? It is so easy to make your own baby food, and much cheaper than buying jars of commercial stuff. First cereal should be rice, don't use the instant baby cereals which contains loads of sugar, just boil up old-fashioned rice flour with formula. Fresh fruit such as bananas can simply be mashed. Steam vegetables, when a bit older make soups with veg and meat, don't add salt for the first year at least, puree and freeze in ice cube trays so you can easily remove one or two cubes to thaw and warm.
Cooking your own meals from scratch is also really not that difficult, especially since you are a stay-at-home Mum (well done!). A steaming basket inside your regular saucepans and a non-stick frying pan (not Teflon) are probably all the equipment you need. Fill up on raw salads and lightly steamed vegetables, no oily dressings please. Veg should fill two-thirds of your plate. Grilled fish/chicken/meat, portion the size of your palm for one or two meals a day. One of the two protein meals can be legumes (beans, lentils, chickpeas/garbanzos etc) and it is good to eat these daily if high cholesterol is a problem. Two pieces of fruit and two portions of low-fat dairy daily. Limit consumption of starches to one meal a day (but do not exclude them altogether), portion size one third of your plate, and choose only low-GI ones such as whole grains, brown rice, wholemeal pasta, cereals, bread. It's very simple. If you want to follow a more precise plan I recommend the Greek Doctor Diet by Dr Fedon Lindbergh, or the GI Hip and Thigh Diet by Rosemary Conley. I've lost nine kilos since July by following this.
You are right to realise you also need to exercise. As somebody suggested, get a video/dvd. A stepper may be a good way to get an aerobic workout in a small space, or if you can afford it, a stationary bicycle that you can use while watching TV.
It's a slow journey and there will probably be some backsliding, but don't use that as an excuse to give up, just return to the plan the following meal and slowly but surely the weight will drop off. Put up graphs and charts, give yourself a sticker for every pound or kilo lost, promise yourself a non-food treat for goals along the way for every ten pounds/five kilos, maybe a new book, a facial or manicure, a luxurious bubble bath.
Good luck!
what are brand baby items...like...?
Markayla W
example-
carseat-graco
bottle-playtext
pacifer-nuk i think you get the hang of it
Answer
diapers - Pampers
carrier - Baby Bjorn
wipes - Huggies gentle care
bottles - Playtex drop in's or Dr Browns
clothes - Carters or Little Me
DVD's - Baby Einstein
Swing - Fisher Price
Seat - Bumbo
Nursing Pillow - Boppy
Pacifier - Gerber
Formula - Similac
Diaper Rash Cream - Desitin
etc....
diapers - Pampers
carrier - Baby Bjorn
wipes - Huggies gentle care
bottles - Playtex drop in's or Dr Browns
clothes - Carters or Little Me
DVD's - Baby Einstein
Swing - Fisher Price
Seat - Bumbo
Nursing Pillow - Boppy
Pacifier - Gerber
Formula - Similac
Diaper Rash Cream - Desitin
etc....
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar