serdyjjhbm
i am 33 weeks pregnant and i got a avent hand held breast pump. i have quite a bit of colostrum and i sometimes even leak it. i tried the pump the other night just because i was curious, and i did get about 3 tablespoons of colostrum. it hurt SO badly! my nipple was swollen for about an hour and a half after playing around with the pump.
my question is, did anyone else try out their breast pump before giving birth? what was your experience using it before giving birth and after giving birth? did it hurt as bad after?
Answer
You should NOT pump until your baby is born. You don't need to stimulate your milk or your breasts. If you want to test the suction on your pump stick it to your leg or your husband's stomach lol.. that's what I did. Of course it's gonna hurt, you're trying to pull out something that isn't really there, and your nipples have not been toughened up from nursing.
http://www.babycenter.com/400_can-you-pump-milk-before-you-give-birth-if-so-how-soon-can-y_855244_165082840100.bc
"It can be very harmful to begin pumping too soon before labor actually begins because you can stimulate the hormones putting you into early labor. The only time we recommend to pump before delivering your baby is if you have gone post-dates and your practitioner has recommended this as one of the ways to help bring on labor."
You should NOT pump until your baby is born. You don't need to stimulate your milk or your breasts. If you want to test the suction on your pump stick it to your leg or your husband's stomach lol.. that's what I did. Of course it's gonna hurt, you're trying to pull out something that isn't really there, and your nipples have not been toughened up from nursing.
http://www.babycenter.com/400_can-you-pump-milk-before-you-give-birth-if-so-how-soon-can-y_855244_165082840100.bc
"It can be very harmful to begin pumping too soon before labor actually begins because you can stimulate the hormones putting you into early labor. The only time we recommend to pump before delivering your baby is if you have gone post-dates and your practitioner has recommended this as one of the ways to help bring on labor."
Good electric breast pump?
030809
So I got a cheap one from Walmart and while yes it gets the job done, it is a very horrible product. Its not really a name brand pump either. It also stops working as good as it does with in months.
So this time around (expecting second son this Saturday) I want to invest in a decent breast pump.
But I don't even know where to begin, I've been looking into them and I've gotten so many different opinions.
Any suggestions. Should I get a double or a single? Whats a great brand that doesn't break the wallet. I don't want to spend 400 + dollars on a breast pump. I'd like to keep it around the 200 range for a double if that route is better to go.
With that being said. I plan on pumping so my boyfriend and son can partake in his feeding. That and when we go to the relatives houses I want them to be able to feed him as well. So I imagine he will be fed at least ONCE a day if not twice from a bottle. So I don't know if the amount of bottle feeding I plan on doing depends on whether or not I should invest in a single or double breast pump. Has to be electric too. Had a manual and I broke it after using it for a month.
Answer
I liked the Medela double pump, and also had the Medela manual pump that I carried in my diaper bag. They both used the same size valves and bottles. That way, if I was out and my daughter was sleeping during a nomal feeding time, or didnt eat as much, I could pump the extra and keep it in the cooler portion of her diaper bag.
For times when I was at home, the electric double pump was perfect.
Most hospitals have lactation consultants that can help you choose the best pump for you, show you the benefits, and even help you get better prices. Some offer rental programs, where you can rent pumps and then purchse disposable parts for any components that actually touch milk. These are ususally very nice ones, but the idea of a used breast pump kinda creeped me out...
I liked the Medela double pump, and also had the Medela manual pump that I carried in my diaper bag. They both used the same size valves and bottles. That way, if I was out and my daughter was sleeping during a nomal feeding time, or didnt eat as much, I could pump the extra and keep it in the cooler portion of her diaper bag.
For times when I was at home, the electric double pump was perfect.
Most hospitals have lactation consultants that can help you choose the best pump for you, show you the benefits, and even help you get better prices. Some offer rental programs, where you can rent pumps and then purchse disposable parts for any components that actually touch milk. These are ususally very nice ones, but the idea of a used breast pump kinda creeped me out...
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar