Has anyone ever experienced this?

breast pump kaiser
 on Breast Vs Bottle
breast pump kaiser image



mariposa


I am currently on maternity leave and my dr released my to start back at work this coming Thur april 18th. I stopped by the clinic where i work to drop my work release form off and explain to her in advance that i am strictly breast feeding and am going to need extra time to express milk for my baby. She then stated that i would need a dr note that is specific as to why i NEED to be able to have what she called "lactation breaks." I live in the state of California and i know there is a law protecting breastfeeding mothers to have an extra 10 break on top of the 2 already provided to be able to express their Childs food. And employers are to provide a private place with a locking door that is not a bathroom stall to be able to express milk. Can someone help me! I have kaiser permanente and i called to leave a message for my dr requesting what my boss had asked my to provid,e and while explaining my message to the operator she told me that shes never heard such a thing, ca law states it is mantatory to grant an employee time to pump. I also contacted w.i.c and the breastfeeding counselor stated i should get a legal advice. Is that really necessary?


Answer
By CA law your employer must provide "reasonable" accomodations and time for you to pump. There is a form here you can have your baby's pediatrician sign:
http://www.workandpump.com/boss.htm
Your employer is not obligated to offer you "extra" breaks however. You are allowed 1 hour lunch and 2 10 minute breaks for an 8 hour work day, so you can use those times to pump. When I went back to work I nursed my baby once or twice in the morning before leaving, pumped once around 11 using my 10 min break, and then again during my hour break, and then nursed my baby when I got home. Good luck!

Pregnancy interview questions?

Q. I need to interview someone on their pregnancy experience. If you could answer these questions that would be great.

How did you discover you where pregnant and how far along where you?

What was your initial reaction to being pregnant?

Was this baby planned?

If planned, did you have a hard time becoming pregnant?

Did you have to give up any habits, was it hard?

What was the best part about being pregnant?

What was the worst parts about being pregnant?

Did you have any odd or different cravings?

Did you take any birthing or parenting classes prior to this child being born?

How much weight did you gain?

Did you have morning sickness?

Was there any complications?

Did you find out if he/she was a boy or girl before they were born?

What did you find where the most essential things to get before the baby came?

Did you use a midwife? If so, would you use one again?

How and where was your baby delivered?


Answer
need to interview someone on their pregnancy experience. If you could answer these questions that would be great.

How did you discover you where pregnant and how far along where you? I was 5 weeks. My period was late so I took a test, which was negative. Once I was about a week and half late, I took another and it was positive.

What was your initial reaction to being pregnant?
I was shocked! Kind of a sick to my stomach feeling.

Was this baby planned?
No, he was not. I got pregnant on the pill.

If planned, did you have a hard time becoming pregnant?

Did you have to give up any habits, was it hard?
I had to give up soda!! It was very hard to give up my caffeine fix...but with the caffeine and the sugar,I knew my baby was better off without it!

What was the best part about being pregnant?
Everyone was so nice to me! and also that my boyfriend would go out anytime day or night to get me ice cream or nachos

What was the worst parts about being pregnant?
Also that everyone was so nice to me lol. It had its good points and its bad points, but on some days it would just piss me off how everyone agreed with me about everything and tiptoed around me.

Did you have any odd or different cravings?
I loved the nachos from convenience stores lol. A little strange..

Did you take any birthing or parenting classes prior to this child being born?
We took childbirth classes, newborn care, and a breastfeeding class

How much weight did you gain?
35 pounds

Did you have morning sickness?
nope, not a bit!

Was there any complications?
I fell down the stairs at 32 weeks and sprained my ankle. I started having contactions but the doctors stopped them. my son was also born with the cord wrapped around his neck twice.

Did you find out if he/she was a boy or girl before they were born?
YES! I found out it was a boy on my third try. He was not very cooperative.

What did you find where the most essential things to get before the baby came?
bassinet, diapers, wipes, blankets and burp rags, clothes, pacifiers, breast pump, all sorts of thing. We got most everything at the shower.

Did you use a midwife? If so, would you use one again?
Yes I did and I definitely would. My midwife had me deliver on my side and used massage to prevent tearing. My son was just under 9 pounds and I didn't tear at all.

How and where was your baby delivered
He was delivered vaginally at Kaiser Hospital in Northern California




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar