playtex double electric breast pump manual image
mh
I am planning on breast feeding and at some point if I need to express milk, which breast pump would be better to get? An electronic one or a manual one and why? Please give me some advice.
Answer
If you plan to express occasionally, maybe 1-2 times a week, a manual is fine.
If you plan to pump more often (like say once a day to get enough in your freezer, then enough to add into baby's rice cereal) then you will need a double electric. You can pump both breasts at a time instead of having to do one at a time.
I personally own a Medela, the most expensive, but the best. I purchased a manual and a Playtex and was sooooooo disappointed in the quality of both. There was just no comparison. You can find them very affordable (new) on Ebay.
Good luck!
If you plan to express occasionally, maybe 1-2 times a week, a manual is fine.
If you plan to pump more often (like say once a day to get enough in your freezer, then enough to add into baby's rice cereal) then you will need a double electric. You can pump both breasts at a time instead of having to do one at a time.
I personally own a Medela, the most expensive, but the best. I purchased a manual and a Playtex and was sooooooo disappointed in the quality of both. There was just no comparison. You can find them very affordable (new) on Ebay.
Good luck!
Which breast pump should I buy?
Heaven
I am a first time mom, I will be going back to work full time after I have my daughter. I am planning on breast feeding and obviously ill have to have a breast pump to go back to work. I had originally wanted a medela double pump, but as the due date draws near, this will not be in my budget. I am wondering if the single pump (which is half the price) will work for me just as well, or if maybe I should go with a cheaper double pump.
Answer
Firstly if you have health insurance they may cover it. Check. I got my Medela PIS for $60 after my deductible was met (after I had the baby). My Ob wrote me the prescription. If you qualify for WIC (and you may - since you say a $300 pump is not in your budget) then you can get a free hospital grade Medela pump for the first year. Call the WIC off ice & find out if you are in the income bracket to apply. If not - I personally preferred the Playtex Double Embrace electric pump. I got better output, it is hospital grade, it is more comfortable & it is a totally enclosed system (which the Medela PIS is not actually). You might end up replacing parts a bit earlier, but at half the price you can afford to do that. You can also rent hospital grade Medelas here from any home health care store for around $30 per month. That is STILL much cheaper than formula anyway.
NOW - when you are AT the hospital - tell them you plan to pump for work & ask to use THEIR pump. When they bring it in you will be GIVEN a hand pump as well and a bunch of parts. Usually they are Medela & they will be compatible with any Medela pump you get later. I even asked for a new set after about 12 hrs saying I had no way to properly wash them & they brought me another set. the sets I received a doubel manual Medela Lactina. Personally I think it is an AWFUL hand pump as I hate those plunger types - they are too tiring - BUT the parts are great. They are okay for occasional use, but a manual pump, at least this style, is NOT suitable for every day use. I guess if you have great biceps & forearms maybe. I actually needed Dh to work the manual pump because I couldn't make it through one whole pump session. :/ The parts all did line up great with my PIS though & saved me $35 per set - as that is what a fill replacement set of flanges, tubes, etc cost from Medela.
Firstly if you have health insurance they may cover it. Check. I got my Medela PIS for $60 after my deductible was met (after I had the baby). My Ob wrote me the prescription. If you qualify for WIC (and you may - since you say a $300 pump is not in your budget) then you can get a free hospital grade Medela pump for the first year. Call the WIC off ice & find out if you are in the income bracket to apply. If not - I personally preferred the Playtex Double Embrace electric pump. I got better output, it is hospital grade, it is more comfortable & it is a totally enclosed system (which the Medela PIS is not actually). You might end up replacing parts a bit earlier, but at half the price you can afford to do that. You can also rent hospital grade Medelas here from any home health care store for around $30 per month. That is STILL much cheaper than formula anyway.
NOW - when you are AT the hospital - tell them you plan to pump for work & ask to use THEIR pump. When they bring it in you will be GIVEN a hand pump as well and a bunch of parts. Usually they are Medela & they will be compatible with any Medela pump you get later. I even asked for a new set after about 12 hrs saying I had no way to properly wash them & they brought me another set. the sets I received a doubel manual Medela Lactina. Personally I think it is an AWFUL hand pump as I hate those plunger types - they are too tiring - BUT the parts are great. They are okay for occasional use, but a manual pump, at least this style, is NOT suitable for every day use. I guess if you have great biceps & forearms maybe. I actually needed Dh to work the manual pump because I couldn't make it through one whole pump session. :/ The parts all did line up great with my PIS though & saved me $35 per set - as that is what a fill replacement set of flanges, tubes, etc cost from Medela.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar