are electric breast pumps good image
Miss Mazie
I am looking for a good electric breast pump that has a good milk storage system. I formula fed my first and am new to breastfeeding when it comes to having second! Please help! Thanks :)
I don't want a used one, so where can you buy these pumps? Amazon, right?
Answer
The two best are Medela or Ameda. Get a dual electric pump so you can lessen your pumping time in half.
I have a Medela PISA that was close to $300 online. The original Medelas are a bit cheaper but lack the letdown feature, which is great if you have a hard time with letdown.
My friend received an Ameda Purely Yours from me. It's a lot cheaper and has a closed system, which means no milk backs up into the machine and it can legally be resold and used by different users. Medela really shouldn't be used by multiple users because of the risk of passing on infections and diseases.
Call your health insurance and see if they can cover your pump as part of their lactation program. If not, contact WIC and see if you qualify to receive one of their pumps on loan.
I purchased my PISA at amazon, but Target also sells t he regular Medela. I had heard a rumor that they're about $100 off right now because they're redesigning the appearance of the Medela PIS. (Kendel sent in a heads-up for anybody looking to buy a breast pump: "Medela is discontinuing their Pump In Style electric breast pump and a few places are putting them on clearance. I just picked one up at Target for $170...they are normally around $240!!" --Baby Cheapskate blog)
For an Ameda, your best bet is to get it online. That's where I purchased my friend's.
The two best are Medela or Ameda. Get a dual electric pump so you can lessen your pumping time in half.
I have a Medela PISA that was close to $300 online. The original Medelas are a bit cheaper but lack the letdown feature, which is great if you have a hard time with letdown.
My friend received an Ameda Purely Yours from me. It's a lot cheaper and has a closed system, which means no milk backs up into the machine and it can legally be resold and used by different users. Medela really shouldn't be used by multiple users because of the risk of passing on infections and diseases.
Call your health insurance and see if they can cover your pump as part of their lactation program. If not, contact WIC and see if you qualify to receive one of their pumps on loan.
I purchased my PISA at amazon, but Target also sells t he regular Medela. I had heard a rumor that they're about $100 off right now because they're redesigning the appearance of the Medela PIS. (Kendel sent in a heads-up for anybody looking to buy a breast pump: "Medela is discontinuing their Pump In Style electric breast pump and a few places are putting them on clearance. I just picked one up at Target for $170...they are normally around $240!!" --Baby Cheapskate blog)
For an Ameda, your best bet is to get it online. That's where I purchased my friend's.
How does a double electric breast pump work?
sweetbaby0
I am currently 35 weeks pregnant and wondering how does a double electric breast pump work? Does it stay on my breast by itself or do I need to hold it? Do I pump both breasts at the same time? How do I stay covered up for privacy while pumping?
Answer
I would do it in a room alone because the more quiet and relaxing your experience the more milk that will come out. You do need to hold them both on. But, I had trouble doing two at a time. I felt more relaxed nursing on one wide and pumping on the other. Then I would switch. It really is about your comfort and you relaxing. If you can't be alone I would cover with a little nursing blanket or thin comfy blanket.
I would do it in a room alone because the more quiet and relaxing your experience the more milk that will come out. You do need to hold them both on. But, I had trouble doing two at a time. I felt more relaxed nursing on one wide and pumping on the other. Then I would switch. It really is about your comfort and you relaxing. If you can't be alone I would cover with a little nursing blanket or thin comfy blanket.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar