How to switch my baby from breastfeeding to formula?

breast pump 2 weeks
 on evidence contradicts who breastfeeding is groups have you breastmilk ...
breast pump 2 weeks image



mollsjean1


I have been only breastfeeding my daughter (she is now just over 2 weeks old) and I have not bottle fed her because I do not have a breast pump but I would like to switch to formula. Ive tried feeding her formula but she gets very upset and wont take it. Does anyone have suggestions as to how I can switch?


Answer
Start out with a 1/2 formula 1/2 breast milk bottle. Then after a couple days of that, switch to 1/3 breast milk and 2/3 formula. Then on the 7th day, give her only formula.

You have to slowly reduce the breast milk until it's eliminated all together.

How long until your nipples were not in pain?




Happy Girl


I have now been breastfeeding for 2 1/2 weeks. It hurts so bad that I've gone to breast pumping. But I missed my baby at my nipple so bad, I went back. The pain is causing me to question it again.

How long does it take to feel better?



Answer
I used nipple shields for the first six weeks, so my nipples did not hurt at all. You can use them temporarily to nurse without pain. But when I stopped using them, I had maybe a week where my nipples kind of needed to "toughen up" or something. After that, they were fine. Persistent pain could be a sign that your baby is not latching correctly. Make sure he's opening his mouth really wide before he latches on. Call a lactation consultant if you need help. Your hospital probably has a new parent info line, or you can just ask to talk to a nurse in the maternity ward.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar