tommee tippee manual breast pump kit image
Remember t
I have a Tommee Tippee manual breast pump that I tried for the first time today. My son comfort sucks and has been losing his attachment quite a bit lately so I thought I might give my nipples a rest and give the pump a go!
Am I doing something wrong?! I press the cup against my breast so the nipple is in position and when I begin to pump it sucks my nipple in further like a suction cup and it realllly hurts! Even just one pump was agony. I took it off and tried a few different times/relaxed a bit but no difference.
Argh! Please any advice!
This is the pump that I have.
http://www.lasoo.com.au/offer/breast-pumps/tommee-tippee-manual-breast-pump-kit/4jcreomka.html
Answer
Knowing what I know about pumping (which is a lot, seeing as I did it exclusively for many weeks), it sounds like you have the shield positioned correctly - it's supposed to suck your nipple in like a vacuum. (The baby does that, too, you just don't get a visual.) It *shouldn't* hurt. If it does, you're pumping too forcefully or you've got the settings wrong. If your nipples are already, sore, though, you'll have some of the same discomfort while pumping... at first. Give it a few more compressions, and your nipples will probably start to go numb. Without the friction of everything else inside the baby's mouth rubbing on them, all you've got to deal with is the suction. Try faster, quicker strokes if you can. Pumping is nearly as much of an acquired skill as nursing. The more you do it, the better it gets and the less discomfort....
Good luck.
Knowing what I know about pumping (which is a lot, seeing as I did it exclusively for many weeks), it sounds like you have the shield positioned correctly - it's supposed to suck your nipple in like a vacuum. (The baby does that, too, you just don't get a visual.) It *shouldn't* hurt. If it does, you're pumping too forcefully or you've got the settings wrong. If your nipples are already, sore, though, you'll have some of the same discomfort while pumping... at first. Give it a few more compressions, and your nipples will probably start to go numb. Without the friction of everything else inside the baby's mouth rubbing on them, all you've got to deal with is the suction. Try faster, quicker strokes if you can. Pumping is nearly as much of an acquired skill as nursing. The more you do it, the better it gets and the less discomfort....
Good luck.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar