Should I breastfeed or not!?

best electric breast pumps 2010
 on Best Tested Breast Pumps � Canadian Family
best electric breast pumps 2010 image



Honey Mone


I want what's healthiest for my baby but I only get 6 weeks off maternity leave and I read that if you work it's recommended you pump at least 8 times a day and that's not possible for me to do at my job, so should I just use formula? Is it possible to juggle work and breast feeding?


Answer
yes, you absolutely should at least for as long as possible. If you get a double electric pump that's really good like a Medela it shouldn't take too long to do. You can get bras/corset things that hold them in place so you can pump hands-free so you can eat or do something else while you're pumping.

http://www.drmomma.org/2010/01/balancing-breastfeeding-when-moms-must.html this is a guide to breastfeeding and working. There's as a page that discusses the health benefits of breastfeeding for periods of time. Even for just 4 weeks there are significant advantages for baby's health. http://www.drmomma.org/2009/12/if-you-nurse-your-baby.html

http://kellymom.com/ this is a really good site that has a lot of info about pumping and being away from your baby while you're breastfeeding.

Pumping while you're working is probably not what you're thinking. Babies who's mothers work tend to sleep more and feed less while their mother is at work, and want to spend more time awake and nursing with mothers when you get home. So what you pump at work really should be sufficient. Especially if you can pump at least every 4 hours.

If you can get a 15 minute break to pump even every 3 hours (mandatory where I live regardless of breastfeeding, and in the US they have laws protecting nursing mothers) then you really shouldn't have any problems. There are safe ways to store and transport milk and the Medela Symphony actually comes with a bag for carrying bottles of milk I believe. Like I said, in the US it's mandatory for bosses to provide breaks for you to pump.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar