breast pump wipes image
Q. I have umpteen onesees, sleeping gowns, hats, socks, So clothing wise He's set
I have the crib changing table rocker diapers sheets Everything
What else do I need besides
a nursing gown and bra's
Breast pump
wipe warmer
Soothing center
Thermometer and nail clippers?
I have the crib changing table rocker diapers sheets Everything
What else do I need besides
a nursing gown and bra's
Breast pump
wipe warmer
Soothing center
Thermometer and nail clippers?
Answer
Car seat
Stroller
Something you can use as burp cloths
Soft brush (not just for hair, they also help prevent cradle cap)
Diaper rash cream
Baby shampoo and body wash
Baby bath
Baby lotion
Swing
Bouncy chair (preferably one that also vibrates and plays music)
Boppy pillow
Lanolin (for sore nipples, it really helps after those aggressive feedings!)
Tucks or preparation H (this is for you, not baby, and you'll understand why after you deliver)
Nipple shield
Breast milk freezer storage bags
Bottle brush
Dreft laundry detergent
Car seat
Stroller
Something you can use as burp cloths
Soft brush (not just for hair, they also help prevent cradle cap)
Diaper rash cream
Baby shampoo and body wash
Baby bath
Baby lotion
Swing
Bouncy chair (preferably one that also vibrates and plays music)
Boppy pillow
Lanolin (for sore nipples, it really helps after those aggressive feedings!)
Tucks or preparation H (this is for you, not baby, and you'll understand why after you deliver)
Nipple shield
Breast milk freezer storage bags
Bottle brush
Dreft laundry detergent
What do I need with my breast pump?
Sasha
I am clueless! I know I need a breast pump, but then there are bottles and storage containers and freezer bags and pads and coolers! If I am going to get the Medela pump in style and will be going back to work what exactly do I need to keep going with the breastfeeding? I seriously just thought i needed the pump and some bottles, was i that far off?
Answer
It depends on the setup and your plans. First, is there a "lactation room"? Second, are you working full time?
I just switched jobs from a place with a lactation room to no room, both full time:
1st place (lactation room with microwave & fridge)- I pumped about 6 oz, twice a day. This meant that I needed: 2 bottles & the items that come with the pump.; microwave sterilization bag (found at Target); freezer bags.
2nd place (pumping in empty office)- About 4 oz, twice a day. I still need the equipment and freezer bags, but rinse the equipment in the bathroom instead of the sterilization bag. This means that I now need a cooler and may need to get sterilization wipes instead of the bag.
Other things that are nice, but not necessary: permanent marker for freezer bags and sanitizing bags, hand sanitizer, breast pads (you don't want to leak when you're talking to your boss- not typical for me, but happened once), magazine (you'll figure out how to do it... trust me).
If you're going back part time, you might be able to get away with just the bottles & lids since you'll only pump once and don't have to sterilize right away. Also, I found that it takes me about 20 minutes to pump, clean, and get back to my desk. You should ask about the setup because I have had a difficult time at my new place figuring out where to pump, etc.
Good luck! It seems like a lot, but you'll figure it out quickly.
It depends on the setup and your plans. First, is there a "lactation room"? Second, are you working full time?
I just switched jobs from a place with a lactation room to no room, both full time:
1st place (lactation room with microwave & fridge)- I pumped about 6 oz, twice a day. This meant that I needed: 2 bottles & the items that come with the pump.; microwave sterilization bag (found at Target); freezer bags.
2nd place (pumping in empty office)- About 4 oz, twice a day. I still need the equipment and freezer bags, but rinse the equipment in the bathroom instead of the sterilization bag. This means that I now need a cooler and may need to get sterilization wipes instead of the bag.
Other things that are nice, but not necessary: permanent marker for freezer bags and sanitizing bags, hand sanitizer, breast pads (you don't want to leak when you're talking to your boss- not typical for me, but happened once), magazine (you'll figure out how to do it... trust me).
If you're going back part time, you might be able to get away with just the bottles & lids since you'll only pump once and don't have to sterilize right away. Also, I found that it takes me about 20 minutes to pump, clean, and get back to my desk. You should ask about the setup because I have had a difficult time at my new place figuring out where to pump, etc.
Good luck! It seems like a lot, but you'll figure it out quickly.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar