Which breast pump and compatible bottle system work the best for you?

breast pump deals
 on Medela Pump & Save Breastmilk Bags
breast pump deals image



Sylves


I'm considering which breast pump to purchase. I used the "lactationcare.com" web site, and I found unbeatable prices on the Medela Pump in Style Advanced BP for $228 with free shipping...can't beat that! I also read wonderful reviews about the Medela BP. I think I'm definitely leaning toward buying the Medela BP. I just need to know if Medela is a reliable BP and what bottles/inserts work with the Medela.

Thank you in advance for your advice and opinions!
Which bottle inserts and bottles work with the Medela?



Answer
My pump in style allowed milk to travel back down the tubing and into the actual pump machinery. The pump was not useable and got moldy. Same thing happened to my sister in law 2 years later, so we're not big on medela. Once you use it, even if it is defective you are out of luck, they're non-returnable. Customer service at Medela is non-existant and babies r us were no help since it was a used product that deals with body fluids.

Next I bought an Ameda Purely Yours, never had a moments trouble with it. I was able to pump far more breastmilk with my Ameda. The pump kit I bought came with "collection bottles" that you use while pumping. You can fill them up, cap them off and put them into the fridge at home.

The milk collection bottles are small enough for you to put into the insulated bag with a frozen cold pack, in case you are going to pump at work. You will need to be able to keep your milk cold until you get it home so the insulated bag and cold packs are a must if you plan to pump away from home.

For the sake of innocent people everywhere, please don't ever put your breastmilk in the fridge at work - it's a body fluid and has no business being mixed with other people's lunches. Not that YOU would do that, but some people think they should put their milk in the company fridge. No way. That's why the pump kits have collection bottles, insulated carrying bags, and cold packs - so you can keep it with you at your desk, not next to my tuna salad sandwich. Smart mommies like you would never do that, but be aware that others are doing this every day at offices all over the country.

Way to go on wanting to be sure your baby gets the very best nutrition through breastmilk!! It's not always the easiest thing, but it's the best things possible. Good for you!

If I am going to be a stay at home mom with my baby, why do I need a breast pump?




Angel


If I am going to be a stay at home mom with my baby, why do I need a breast pump?


Answer
i've been SAHM and breastfeeding for 3-1/2 years and i can assure you that you don't HAVE to have a pump but it's a darn good idea.

it's a good idea to keep a three-day stash in the freezer in case you end up in the hospital (which i did and it was NO picnic for dad because baby was completely hysterical not having me there!), wind up with something in your system that needs to detox before you can breastfeed again (such as a narcotic-based painkiller), or get sick as two dogs and really can't deal with baby in the middle of the night (can think of a couple times when i had a sinus infection and another when i had bad listeriosis that i would've *killed* for someone to take over with a bottle and just let me die in peace!).

i've only just recently started pumping for donation - at first, i couldn't get anything out (even though i knew it was in there) but after a little over a week, i'm up to just over 2oz a day and the engorgement has started. i remember when i was in the hospital for 4 days, the nurses hooked me up to the hospital pump and i was putting out almost a litre and a half a day - if i can get back up to that, that'd be *awesome* for a baby somewhere!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar