Miss Mazie
I am looking for a good electric breast pump that has a good milk storage system. I formula fed my first and am new to breastfeeding when it comes to having second! Please help! Thanks :)
I don't want a used one, so where can you buy these pumps? Amazon, right?
Answer
The two best are Medela or Ameda. Get a dual electric pump so you can lessen your pumping time in half.
I have a Medela PISA that was close to $300 online. The original Medelas are a bit cheaper but lack the letdown feature, which is great if you have a hard time with letdown.
My friend received an Ameda Purely Yours from me. It's a lot cheaper and has a closed system, which means no milk backs up into the machine and it can legally be resold and used by different users. Medela really shouldn't be used by multiple users because of the risk of passing on infections and diseases.
Call your health insurance and see if they can cover your pump as part of their lactation program. If not, contact WIC and see if you qualify to receive one of their pumps on loan.
I purchased my PISA at amazon, but Target also sells t he regular Medela. I had heard a rumor that they're about $100 off right now because they're redesigning the appearance of the Medela PIS. (Kendel sent in a heads-up for anybody looking to buy a breast pump: "Medela is discontinuing their Pump In Style electric breast pump and a few places are putting them on clearance. I just picked one up at Target for $170...they are normally around $240!!" --Baby Cheapskate blog)
For an Ameda, your best bet is to get it online. That's where I purchased my friend's.
The two best are Medela or Ameda. Get a dual electric pump so you can lessen your pumping time in half.
I have a Medela PISA that was close to $300 online. The original Medelas are a bit cheaper but lack the letdown feature, which is great if you have a hard time with letdown.
My friend received an Ameda Purely Yours from me. It's a lot cheaper and has a closed system, which means no milk backs up into the machine and it can legally be resold and used by different users. Medela really shouldn't be used by multiple users because of the risk of passing on infections and diseases.
Call your health insurance and see if they can cover your pump as part of their lactation program. If not, contact WIC and see if you qualify to receive one of their pumps on loan.
I purchased my PISA at amazon, but Target also sells t he regular Medela. I had heard a rumor that they're about $100 off right now because they're redesigning the appearance of the Medela PIS. (Kendel sent in a heads-up for anybody looking to buy a breast pump: "Medela is discontinuing their Pump In Style electric breast pump and a few places are putting them on clearance. I just picked one up at Target for $170...they are normally around $240!!" --Baby Cheapskate blog)
For an Ameda, your best bet is to get it online. That's where I purchased my friend's.
Electric Breast Pump? What brand..single or double?
Amy
Hello,
I am expecting my first child in February and planning on Nursing. I need to buy an electric breast pump but I'm unsure what to buy. There are so many choices and I've never been around anyone that used a pump. I know Lansinoh and Medela are good brands but I don't know if I should buy a single or double. I am not going to be working, just need something for everyday activities. So would a single be better since it doesn't split the power between two and time is not too much of an issue?
These are the two I'm choosing between:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2588014
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3417450
Answer
Definitely get a double. I have the Lansinoh pump, and just one little plug converts it from a double to a single, if you end up wanting to use it that way. (I have oversupply issues, so I pump and feed one-sided.) Even if you only end up using one side, it's best to have the choice right off the bat, rather than buying something that may not suit your needs.
The Lansinoh pump is really affordable, especially if you use a coupon at BabiesRUs. It is also fully compatible with all parts for the Ameda Purely Yours pump (it's the exact same pump, rebranded).
My main beefs with the Lansinoh pump are that the parts are special order, which is less convenient than being able to pick Medela stuff up at the store, and the a/c adapter is GIANT and HEAVY. It can operate off AA batteries, but if I have a plug available, I'm going to use it because batteries are expensive and bad for the environment.
I've been using it every work day for over 3 months now and it's working great for me.
Definitely get a double. I have the Lansinoh pump, and just one little plug converts it from a double to a single, if you end up wanting to use it that way. (I have oversupply issues, so I pump and feed one-sided.) Even if you only end up using one side, it's best to have the choice right off the bat, rather than buying something that may not suit your needs.
The Lansinoh pump is really affordable, especially if you use a coupon at BabiesRUs. It is also fully compatible with all parts for the Ameda Purely Yours pump (it's the exact same pump, rebranded).
My main beefs with the Lansinoh pump are that the parts are special order, which is less convenient than being able to pick Medela stuff up at the store, and the a/c adapter is GIANT and HEAVY. It can operate off AA batteries, but if I have a plug available, I'm going to use it because batteries are expensive and bad for the environment.
I've been using it every work day for over 3 months now and it's working great for me.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar