Has anyone ever contacted a lactation consultant to help with pumping issues? I am not pumping enough...?




Madilyn's





Answer
no but I have done a lot of reading on this type of stuff :)

It is harder to pump than to feed directly because the baby can produce more suction((provided a good latch)) you may want to try that, if you need to you can buy a nipple shield but try to feed without one as much as possible/as soon as possible.


To increase your roduction you need to feed and pump as much as possible.
also - drink mothers milk tea/ take a fenugreek / blessed thistle supplement...
drink lots of water
drink malted milk(ovaltine. horlicks)
eat oatmeal
take a prenatal with IRON!

use breast massage and or compressions when feeding and pumping

the best way *I* have found to pump and works best for *ME* is to use a electric pump(I use a medela pump in style, double but I use it single....) I feed the baby on one side and pump the other to catch the let down. use breast compression. when she is done I switch the pump to the side she was on and do that side then switch once more. This way I can pump 4.5-5.5 oz a time (I do once a day)
If I use a manual (medela harmony) using the same technique I pump about 4 oz.

If I use the electric by itself ((not feeding)) I can pump 1 oz - 3 oz.
If I use the manual by itself I pump .5 - 2 oz.

breastfeeding mommys?

Q. hi there, im currently at college doing a breast feeding supporter course, at the moment we are talking about hand expressing.

if you do hand express could you tell me how you encourage let down and if you find your own techniques useful

thank you in advance


Answer
I bought a manual pump, and first tried to use it at home, when discharged from hospital. My daughter was still in the NICU. I had managed an electric pump and breastfeeding in hospital, but had no luck with the manual pump. So I tried hand expressing, and expressed the milk straight into a sterile bottle. I used a massaging action and the only technique was to sit somewhere comfortable.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar