Will using a breast pump at 37 weeks pregnant trigger labor?







i have lots and lots of breast milk coming out im not going to breast feed if i used a breast pump to get some of it out will that trigger labor?


Answer
You're only 37 weeks. You just made it to full term - if your conception date wasn't miscalculated. Wait it out. The baby will come when they're ready. Even so, the baby's lungs may not be mature enough to meet the world just yet. Don't risk your baby being premature.

And um, that's colostrum, not breast milk. Breast milk doesn't come in until the baby is born.

I'm sorry that you aren't going to be well enough to breast feed. Its a wonderful experience. Maybe with your next child, you'll be over your Illness? So sorry to hear that.

I am 37 weeks pregnant, is it ok to start pumping breast milk before my baby is born?




Cindie


I have been leaking milk since 5 months into my pregnancy. My breasts are so full of milk they are swollen and it has become uncomfortable. I intend on breastfeeding and wont be saving this milk for the baby, she wont be on a bottle for at least a month if things go as planned. I couldn't find the answer anywhere! I just really want to know if it will be bad for the baby if I pump now.
Sorry I didn't mention that I used to leak only colostrum, the clear liquid, but it literally pours out at night thick yellowish white (and during the day) it has been for months. I am out of the country and can barely communicate with my doctors here, maybe I will try emailing the suggested below.



Answer
If you start to pump now, the stimulation to your nipples could cause you to start contractions. You also want baby to get all of that good collostrum when he/she is born.

I would not suggest pumping. If your breasts are really swollen and sore, contact La Leche League to find a lactation consultant in your area that can help you, or contact the hospital where you will be delivering to see if you can speak with a lactation consultant there. They may be able to give you some helpful hints for being more comfortable until baby is born.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar