Does NY medicaid cover breast pumps?




Rose M


I know a lot of insurance companies will cover a breast pump for new mothers, and I'm wondering if NY medicaid does as well.

I have looked on their website, and I can't find any information about that tin particular.

Thanks!



Answer
If you can't get one through medi caid, contact Le Leche League. They will give you one at no cost and send over someone who can show you exactly how to use it. If you can't find it in the phone book, contact the WIC office, or your pediatrician to find out the names and numbers of other Le Leche League moms in your area. They are wonderful and they willhave you "hooked Up" in 24 hours at no cost.

Free breast pump in NYC?




lilblackgi


So I am aware of the Affordable Care Act in which pregnant and lactating women are eligible for free breast pumps.

I called my insurance, HIP/Emblem Health, as well as my Union and both tell me I am not eligible for the free pump.

Is there any other way for me to get a free breast pump that I should look into?



Answer
Did you ask why you are not eligible? It is possible that if you and your baby will not be separated, there will be no need for the pump. It is also possible that you are not eligible until you actually have the baby. If you are a participant in the WIC program, you may be eligible through that.

If this can not be resolved to your satisfaction, all the state insurance commissioner.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar