Breast milk production?




DJ Alex


What are so ways that I can increase my producing of breast milk? I gave birth 2 weeks ago and my milk hasn't fully come in yet. I try to breast feed every time my son eats but he sucks a few times and cries when nothing comes out. I have been formula feeding him. I have also tried pumping and can only get a very small amount. Im at the point of giving up. I was really set on breast feeding my son.

Ive talked to a consultant and they weren't much help. They also charge a fee to come to my home to help which I just don't have at the moment. Thanks.



Answer
There are several ways to increase your milk supply. The place for resource help is La Leche League International. They tend to have the newest information, even more so that many doctors.

http://www.llli.org/

http://www.llli.org/FAQ/increase.html

Another thing you can try to do is if you have a good latch with your baby boy is to try a Supplemental Nursing System. It's a bottle you wear around your neck with tubes you tape to your breast. That way once baby has the milk you already had, he still gets to nurse and breast are being stimulated by the baby. Plus he still gets more food!! My friend used this method and was able to stop after a few weeks.

http://www.mamadearest.ca/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=44

Sometimes women don't react to the pump as favorably as just nursing the baby. It has to do with hormones and all that good stuff. =)

Don't give up!!! You can do this! You have milk..you just need to work with baby to make more. I know LLL International is everywhere and they really helped me solve my issues. You can deal with one person one on one or go to meeting and meet other moms. I did that for a few years and now I have most of the info I will ever need. I wish you the best of luck!!

Medela Breast Pump - Bubbles & Milk getting into the Pump Mechanism?




Jenny


My Medela breast pump is giving me some issues... Every time I pump, bubbles start building up and getting milk through the tubes and into the pump mechanism. It only happens on one side or the other. I re-washed and thoroughly rinsed all my parts and tubes thinking there was soap stuck in one. It has not helped. HELP!
Update:
I tried the pump once again at home to test and start troubleshooting the parts. Found that the pump had officially died, and I had to go out and by ANOTHER PUMP today. I think it was a combination of having a ten year old pump that was not graded for everyday use and that I might have had some malfunctions in one of the elbow valves. Crack from microwave steam bags - Soap that couldn't get rinsed out - Malfunctioning pump - Not sure. Granted, the new Pump In Style Shoulder Bag Pump was the one I originally registered for and wanted when I was pregnant, so I am super excited. Thank you for all your wonderful answers! I genuinely appreciate it! Glad us mothers have a venue to go to when no answers seem available elsewhere.



Answer
It is not suggested to ever wash the tubing. It is difficult to dry and can grow fungus when you get it wet.
If you believe milk has gotten into the pumping mechanism, you should call medela customer service and follow their recommendations.
Breastmilk is a live body product and bacteria can grow from it. If it got into the pump mechanism that needs to be addressed so that it does not get funky.

Anytime you get condensation in your tubing the best thing to do is to unhook the tubing from your bottles but leave it hooked up to the pump, leave it on and allow the pump to dry out the condensation. If that does not work, you should replace the tubing immediately.

All this comes in the instructions of the pumps.

Also, as a final note. Single user pumps are only graded for 500 hours of use. Many people encounter problems as you have described due to the fact they have been used over 500 hours and the pump is simply not working effectively.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar