April
I've been doing some pricing on breast pumps from target and they range from $39 to almost $300. I don't plan on getting a cheap one that doesn't work but some of the less expensive ones (priced around $60 and $70) seem to have all or most of the features of the $300 one. What's the difference?
Answer
Depends on your breasts and why you're pumping mostly. If you're exclusively pumping or pumping for/at work, you'll probably want a double electric. If you get WIC you may be able to get or rent a hospital grade one from them.
If not, you can either rent a hospital grade pump (which usually runs around $50/month) or you can drop $200-300 on a Medela Pump In Style which is a double electric that is pretty close to hospital grade. These are all great options and pumps.
If you're only planning to pump to build up a freezer stash, just in case, or for the occasional feeding, a manual (Avent Isis or Medela Harmony) or single electric (by Medela) are your best bets.
The biggest tip I can give you though, is that with the exception of Avent DO NOT buy a pump made by a formula or bottle company. Avent is a breastfeeding company that sells bottles to go along with their pumps, that's the big difference.
Gerber, evenflo and the likes, their pumps are terrible. You can read reviews all over the place. Many of these pumps have been attributed to women discontinuing pumping and/or nursing due to the pain and lack of output caused by them. But it makes sense, they make more money off you that way - they sell you their faulty pump and when your nursing relationship ends, they sell you bottles and formula. I'm not a huge conspiracy theorist, but watching women suffer and lose supply because of certain pumps that just happen to be made by bottlefeeding companies tends to make one jaded.
Depends on your breasts and why you're pumping mostly. If you're exclusively pumping or pumping for/at work, you'll probably want a double electric. If you get WIC you may be able to get or rent a hospital grade one from them.
If not, you can either rent a hospital grade pump (which usually runs around $50/month) or you can drop $200-300 on a Medela Pump In Style which is a double electric that is pretty close to hospital grade. These are all great options and pumps.
If you're only planning to pump to build up a freezer stash, just in case, or for the occasional feeding, a manual (Avent Isis or Medela Harmony) or single electric (by Medela) are your best bets.
The biggest tip I can give you though, is that with the exception of Avent DO NOT buy a pump made by a formula or bottle company. Avent is a breastfeeding company that sells bottles to go along with their pumps, that's the big difference.
Gerber, evenflo and the likes, their pumps are terrible. You can read reviews all over the place. Many of these pumps have been attributed to women discontinuing pumping and/or nursing due to the pain and lack of output caused by them. But it makes sense, they make more money off you that way - they sell you their faulty pump and when your nursing relationship ends, they sell you bottles and formula. I'm not a huge conspiracy theorist, but watching women suffer and lose supply because of certain pumps that just happen to be made by bottlefeeding companies tends to make one jaded.
Using A Breast Pump?
xoxosweetc
Ok so Ive heard that pumping your breast can help induce labor... But I also Heard that it can bring on pretty intense contractions fast.... But Is this actually true cause Ive never Heard of this before..... And is it safe. Because when You pump wont milk come out
Answer
The reason breast pumping would start you is because a chemical called oxytocin is produced when your nipples are stimulated. Oxytocin brings on labor. I wouldn't use a breast pump, and yes I would imagine it would cause milk to come out.
Personally I think you should try having sex, the semen has a chemical in it that helps break down the mucus plug and soften the cervix (prostaglandin) and sex produces a chemical in your body helps start contractions...(oxytocin) -you can also produce more of this chemical by having your partner rub and play with your nipples as with the pump...
Also a female orgasm starts Braxton Hix contractions that can escalate to the real thing.
A synthetic prostaglandin and oxytocin are also used by hospitals to induce labor (though they can be produced naturally)
Good luck and I hope it helps!
The reason breast pumping would start you is because a chemical called oxytocin is produced when your nipples are stimulated. Oxytocin brings on labor. I wouldn't use a breast pump, and yes I would imagine it would cause milk to come out.
Personally I think you should try having sex, the semen has a chemical in it that helps break down the mucus plug and soften the cervix (prostaglandin) and sex produces a chemical in your body helps start contractions...(oxytocin) -you can also produce more of this chemical by having your partner rub and play with your nipples as with the pump...
Also a female orgasm starts Braxton Hix contractions that can escalate to the real thing.
A synthetic prostaglandin and oxytocin are also used by hospitals to induce labor (though they can be produced naturally)
Good luck and I hope it helps!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar