Lansinoh Double Electric pump users?




got2bhap_p


I love my Lansinoh double electric pump, but would like to order the larger breast flanges. However, the shipping on Lansinoh.com is outrageous! A 2 pk of the larger flanges cost $11, but shipping is another $20! I can't find anywhere else to order them or find them...does anyone know of somewhere?

Also, what do you find works best for you to get the most milk in the least amount of time? Do you use faster cycle with less suction, or the other way around?



Answer
I love my double electric pump too! I can't say that I know where to find larger flanges. Before baby I had almost no boobs, so the smaller ones fit me just fine. Have you tried Amazon.com or shopping.com?

I pump at work and use the fastest cycle with the most suction. I can pump 10 ounces and have everything cleaned up in 10 minutes. I had to work up to the speed and suction (at first I couldn't handle the suction, but now I barely even notice). Good luck!

Electric breast pump... worth it?




Jorge's Mo


I have a manual breast pump and after a long time (an hour and sometimes plus) pumping I can get a lot out. This is the thing. The whole thing just takes too long and I always have to be in this very uncomfortable position and always need to move the breast pump around to get the milk out. I know it is not a matter of not having enough milk because I have a lot. I usually pump 4oz out AFTER feedings. And there is more but after an hour my back hurts, my hand and wrist hurt and I have had enough.
I produce more milk than my son eats and since pumping is such a hassle i only do it once a day so the whole day my boobs are usually swollen and quite painful. I can feel clogged milk ducts but I can never seem to pump it all out.
My question... is this because I am using a manual breast pump? Or is it because I don't know... somehow my breast are defective (lol) and the milk doesn't come out unless I position myself, my breast and my pump in the most uncomfortable positions available :P
Is it worth getting an electric pump? Which one would be best? Has this pumping problem happened to any of you?
Also... my reason for wanting to pump is to be able to store milk. Just in case. If I don't have a back up supply I feel anxious and stressed out should there be a problem and I can't feed him or I need to go out without him.
Thanks :)



Answer
Double electric pumps are the best! I recommend the Pump-N-Style from Medela. You can pump both breasts in approx 15 minutes....beats an hour! Pumping causes increased milk production because your body produces more milk thinking that your baby needs the additional amount. The swollen, painful, clogged-feeling that you are experiencing is called engorgment and is due to from insufficient emptying of your breast (prob since you make so much milk). Some things you can do to relieve the pain and swelling:
-Nurse frequently (every 2-3 hours)
-Pump if your baby had a short feeding or did not nurse well. (Since you are trying to save milk, pump for 5-10 min after nursing)
-Take a warm shower or apply a warm compress
-After feedings, apply a cool compress.
-If you are in a lot of pain, take some Motrin or Tylenol
Hope this helps




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar