medela electric breast pump?




janetcasey


Why is medela breast pump better than all the other breast pumps ,or are they any other good brands?


Answer
Good Points
Pretty straightforward to put together and use.

Bad Points
Not for frequent use and the motor slowed down after a couple of months.

General Comments
Medela Mini Electric Breast Pump said it was recommended by midwives on the box, so I bought it prior to the birth of my first child. In the early weeks it made my nipples really sore and didn't work in the way it suggests - i.e. mimicking the baby stimulating you. Later on it became easier, but I noticed the motor had slowed down and it still took a good 20 minutes to express 100ml (approx 4oz). I'm now looking for something quicker and with more suck!

How do you use an electric breast pump?

Q. As far as in building milk supply? When it looks like the milk isn't pumping anymore... Do I still keep pumping? Do I put up the pump speed/pressure? And does oatmeal really work to increase supply? I really want to build a supply especially for the Holidays!

Any advice or help would be appreciated! Thank you!

And I have a Medela backpack pump.. Not sure what it's called.


Answer
Have you read the directions that come with the pump? That's probably a good first step.

Like anything else, oatmeal works for some people, and not for others.

Nursing the baby more frequently (and not using pacifiers and not encouraging the baby to sleep through the night) is the best way to increase a supply. You can pump for about 10 minutes after a feeding if you'd like. Never increase the vacuum beyond the point of comfort. If pumping is uncomfortable, turn the vacuum down to a tolerable level. You can play with the speed to find out what works best for you, but many women like to start out with a quick, gentle suction and after the milk lets down go to a longer, stronger suction. It is important not to increase the supply too much, as that can cause problems with your breasts (and could make you ill).

As far as the holidays go, remember that if you miss a feeding, it is best to pump for the stimulation.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar