Has anyone bought a used breast pump?




tnsms


I was considering buying a used breast pump and I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice on buying used pumps?


Answer
While it is true that used pumps cannot be sterilized, that is not really an issue, IMHO, if you've had a chance to talk to the user. I would ask the mom how long she used the pump. You'd be surprised how many garage sales I've been to where they used it like 6 weeks and that was it. The one I bought my friend was used exactly twice. Practically new. If the Mom is not at the garage sale, don't buy it. You want to discuss the history with the original owner. I would pass by a pump used for a long time. Personally, if I was buying any other way than a garage sale, I'd buy new, but lots of women have been happy with their Ebay or Craigslist purchases.

That said, I am posting some information as to why you shouldn't use a used pump so that at least you are informed and can ask appropriate questions.

Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump?




$$$


I am thinking about buying the Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump for my wife. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experiance with them. I was also wondering if any bottles can be used with the pump or if you have to use their brand?


Answer
After much, much online research,I highly recommend this...

http://www.amazon.com/Ameda-Purely-Yours-Breast-Pump/dp/B000ME3146/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1249808220&sr=1-18&tag=aor-sale-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957

After using a Medela rental pump from the hospital for about three months and realizing the costs I purchased an Ameda Purely Yours. I was pleasantly surprised how well the Ameda pump works. There is really no significant difference in pumping! Except - the Ameda pump cost a fraction of the rental fees for the hospitalgrade Medela pump! I have been using the Ameda pump for about 2 weeks now and I am very happy with it. I hope the motor will hang in there for another couple of months! If you decide to pump for at least three months, I recommend this product.
Rent a pump for a month to see if breastfeeding is for you before you buy, though!

The prices are good and FREE Shipping.
Good Luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar